We admit it - summer is actually over. The hustle and bustle of our busy season has concluded as the last of the cruise ships have sailed off to sunnier ports of call. Umbrellas, galoshes and gabardines have replaced sunglasses, beach towels and shorts. Even the food has changed from light salads to soups and stews. Despite the changes in the season, there are still many reasons to have a getaway in Vancouver!
Here are just a few to help you plan:
• Hockey season is back. The Vancouver Canucks have started the 2014-2015 season with a new look and focus. Bonus: tickets are available and reasonably priced!
• Football: The 102nd Grey Cup is being held in Vancouver on November 30th. Tickets are still available, but we are nearly sold out.
• Vancouver Art Gallery currently is featuring ‘The Forbidden City: Inside the Court of China's Emperors’ - a glimpse of an iconic and long-hidden era of Chinese cultural history.
• Celebrate Sea Otters: Get to know the four resident sea otters – Tanu, Elfin, Katmai and Wally – at the Vancouver Aquarium.
• Left Bank - a modern bistro that is unmistakably French and kissed by the French colonies, and it’s right next door!
• The Fat Badger - British inspired food in an old red house in the West End. Delicious revolving menu with British classics such as chip buttys and bubble n’ squeak.
• Shop The Neighbourhood - On November 29th, celebrate the West End neighbourhood businesses (including TSS) by making local purchases.
• Circle Craft Fair - Since 1973, Circle Craft Co-operative has presented a Christmas Market. Currently in the Vancouver Convention Centre West location. Generations of Vancouverites and visitors have attended, enjoying a Market where they come face to face with fine BC and Canadian artisans and their work: wood-turners, glassblowers, sculptors and potters, clothing and jewellery designers, toy-makers, and many more.
• Christmas Market - A truly enchanting experience! The Vancouver Christmas Market creates the perfect atmosphere to mix and mingle with friends and family. Discover terrific food and drink and a wonderful array of Christmas gifts!
• Bright Nights in Stanley Park - Ride the Stanley Park miniature train through the over 2 million lights that decorate the park. Watch the festive animated displays, listen to your favourite holiday tunes, dine on popcorn or roasted nuts and warm up with some hot cocoa! Let the holiday season begin!
But wait - before completely letting go of the summer, we also like to mention that next summer looks like it will be another busy one. We’re already starting to see some dates starting to fill up, and some room types are also being booked quickly. If you’re thinking of joining us in the summer, don’t hesitate - make your reservations sooner than later for best rates and selection!