Health and wellness at Times Square Suites!
Health & Wellness at Times Square Suites
The summer is (unfortunately) over; now is the time to refocus. The day-to-day operations at Times Square Suites changes along with the season. Although the weather gets wetter and the days get shorter, there is a feeling of renewal with autumn.
With this renewal, it’s a great time for a health & wellness getaway. Join us while we work on the hotel’s body, mind & soul with some suggestions which will help you work on yours:
In the autumn, the hotel’s maintenance staff gets the opportunity to take care of the nagging dings and dents that result from a busy summer season. Here are some suggestions to help you revitalize:
- Personal Training/Classes: Along with your complimentary access to Denman Fitness, you can supplement your fitness experience by attending a class ($7.50) or invest in some personal training sessions to help you reach your fitness goals;
- Spa Session: Our location is very close to some excellent spas. Calixica, our neighbour, is just outside your door where they offer a full selection of services to meet all of your needs;
- Massage: Coastal Winds is another local favourite located within minutes of Times Square. Their mandate is to help you achieve optimum health.
The central hub for the hotel is the office. While we’ll miss having so many great guests coming and going each day, we're now busy making reservations. At the same time, the autumn gives some extra time to review and renew our operations. These are some ideas for you:
- Philosopher’s Café: These are informal discussions over big picture issues and contemporary concerns. There are multiple dates and locations close to us. No formal philosophical training required!
- Public Lectures: There are copious lectures held in Vancouver. SFU and UBC offer many lecture at no/minimal cost as well as the Vancouver Institute, Global Civic Policy Society among others;
- Vancouver Public Library: In addition to typical library services, the VPL has programs and events that cater to all ages. Examples include: readings by authors, technical programs and more.
Truly, housekeeping is the soul of the hotel. The job is never done for housekeeping and they are always raring to make the hotel sparkle. How is your sparkle? Try these to help reignite:
- Yoga: It would really be hard to come to Vancouver and not encounter yoga! Denman fitness offers classes and there are probably just as many yoga studios as Starbucks here;
- Meditation: There are lots of secular and non-secular places to meditate in Vancouver. Aside from the many spots in and around Stanley Park, other options include: the Nitobe Japanese Gardens at UBC, Dr. Sun Yat Sen Classical Chinese Gardenand Christ Church Cathedral;
- Food: Autumn would not be as great without a big dose of comfort food. The meals tend to get warmer and heartier, which helps everyone keep warm. Local favourites include: Ukrainian Village, Le Parisien and Burgoo.